WinCELL 2018a, b, c, d
Available: 06 December 2017
- Can load images larger than 3GBytes.
32-bit & 64-bit versions:
Modifications affecting all Analyses
- Free style Analysed and Exclusion Regions (made with lasso) are faster.
- Analysed regions are 22.1 to 35.3% faster than version 2016.
- The coarsiness (resolution) of lasso style regions' boundary is user selectable, allowing a trade-off between spatial precision and analysis speed.
- Rectangular Analysed Regions are 19.4 to 33.3% faster than version 2016.
Ring Analysis modifications
- A new Ring menu which holds Ring Analysis commands.
- Ring Analysis activation moved from Analysis/Measurements to Ring menu.
- A new command to Start/Stop Ring boundary path tracing.
- No more need to indicate the path type as "Boundary".
- Year number is asked only for the first ring (when tracing Ring boundary paths).
- Instructions in the Command area are more precise for Ring Analysis.
- When Ring Analysis is activated it will no more set the:
- Data file format to WinDENDRO's
- Individual Cell's Length & Width method (so you can use one which measures wall thickness).
- Ring regions now have a Sample Identification name and a Year (instead of just a year). Both are displayed over the image in Ring Regions.
- The Year can be edited in the Sample Identification window when closing the Ring Regions. By default it displays the year you entered when the first Ring Boundary path was created, but it can be edited.
- Ring Boundary paths can be modified after they have been traced before or after Ring Regions have been closed. You can move whole paths, segments of them and/or nodes (where segments connect to each other). If ring regions exist, the neighboring regions are updated automatically after edition.
- There are two more Ring Boundaries edition commands to reshape them:
- An intermediary node can be Added to a path.
- An existing node can be Deleted on a path.
- A ring can be inserted between existing rings or added after the last one (after Ring Analysis is done).
- Ring Regions can be moved and resized.
- It can save individual cell's data (and Ring widths) for Ring Regions (in WinCELL data file's format).
- Ring data (widths, area and more) can be saved in WinDENDRO format inside WinCELL's data files format. This is in addition to the previous WinDENDRO's files format (without individual cell's data).
- When Ring Regions are saved, their Sample Identification name is replaced by a new name made of the Sample Identification name, an unerscore character and the year (eg: Sample1 of year 2017 becomes Sample1_2017). This change was necessary so that files can be processed by XLCell (different analysis regions cannot have the same name).
Commands & Interface Modifications
- When loading an analysed image, the operator can choose to load or not 5 groups of settings (those not loaded are overriden by WinCELL current's settings):
- Path type (to change the path type and update a previously done analysis),
- Individual measurements settings (to change the length and width method,...),
- Pixels classification,
- Cells distribution graphic settings.
- Some commands can retreive parameters/settings of the Active analysed region for viewing or applying them to other analysed regions.
- Calibration/Pixel Size Method has been redesigned.
- It no more has the option of 1 vs 2 images. It is always 1.
- New Calibration won't load an image, will use current image for calibration.
- Lumen & Wall Distinction was renamed Lumen & Wall Detection and has been redesigned.
- It can retreive parameters/settings of the Active analysed region for viewing or applying them to other analysed regions.
- Its histogram is for the whole image if no Analysed region exists otherwise it is for the active Analysed region.
- Ask to save image after acquisition (in Analysis/Parameters) has been replaced by Save image before acquiring another and has those three differences from the former:
- it will save the analysed image weather it comes from a file or scanner,
- it will be saved after the analysis rather than before,
- it won't ask for a name but simply append "An" to the existing name.
- Modifications to the cells distribution histogram above the image:
- Its data can be saved in a new separate data type lines.
- It can set the horizontal scale automatically.
- Is no more limited to 200 classes (now up to a thousand).
- Its settings are saved in configuration files.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added:
- Ctrl T, E or R to change the working mode:
- Ctrl + T to switch to path Tracing mode.
- Ctrl + E to switch to image Edition mode.
- Ctrl + R to switch to Region creation mode.
- Ctrl O to Open a new document (Acquire an image from disk or scanner).
- Ctrl S to Save the image.
- Ctrl I to activate the Image/Display Image Area menu command.
- It now starts in Maximize state as a single window (instead of a window inside a window).
- User can choose the thickness of ring boundary and cell paths drawn over the image. Inactive cell paths are drawn thinner rather than dotted.
- The Command area is wider at startup to allow the display of more information and data.
- The Command area's Icons are larger.
- Analysis/Measurements has been separated in two commands (Analysis/Parameters and Analysis/Measurements).
- Save Original Image (With Analysis...) renamed Save Image (With Analysis...).
- Image/Save Displayed Image renamed Misc/Export Displayed Image For Other Programs
- Image/Save Image Region has been removed.
- Speed Memory Feedbacks names shortened.
- Path and analysed regions can be activated in sequential order using the tab key (and reverse order using shift tab). User can choose the thickness of ring boundary and cell paths drawn over the image. Inactive cell paths are drawn thinner rather than dotted.
- Supports the new LA2400 scanner third generation (introduced in March 2017)
- Modifications to WinCELL data files:
- It saves optional data file title's lines (CELL, HISTO...) only when these data types are saved.
- One more optional title line can be saved, it's the WinDENDRO Title line. It is saved only when such data are saved in WinCELL format files.
- Misc/Print Whole Image when zoom was not 1.0, some items were not drawn correctly.
- "Zoom to fit" used to display horizontal lines at some magnifications.
- HISTO data lines, the data saved to files were not correct if 1) Normalised (in Data/Saving Options) was active and 2) Some objects were filtered out during the analysis.