Available: 10 January 2005
Features of the Pro version
- You can analyse whole images or sub-regions of any shape. Circular and rectangular shapes are predefined or you can outline irregular shape regions to analyse with a lasso tool.
- Analysed regions can be resized at any time (the analysis is automatically updated).
- An analysis done with a sub-region (of any shape) can be recreated after (useful to analyse the same region in more than one image).
- Regions of the image can be excluded from the analysis. You can create practically an unlimited number of such exclusion regions and of any shape. Excluded regions content have no effect on the analysis (It's as if these regions didn't exist in the image).
- Batch analysis can be done on the whole image or a sub-region of it (of any shape).
- You can display a single color channel (Red, Green or Blue) of an RGB color image and analyse only that channel. You can also analyse the image in color as before or in true grey levels (calculated from the color components).
- Information about the dominant color class (area, hue, saturation intensity, and class name) is saved with the data.
- The histogram above the image can display area per color classes or groups.
- New functions have been added to remove background light variations for images that come from cameras.
- The custom selected color for image edition can be modified by clicking its rectangle in the command area.
- Flickering when resizing the main window has been removed.
- WinFOLIA will ask to save color classes before quitting if they have been created or modified but not saved during the working session.
- Color group names (Group1, Group2...) are no more saved in the data file title line when no color classes are loaded or defined.
- Color/Display Groups Rather Than Classes has been renamed Color/Display Groups.
Features of the Reg and Pro versions
- Pixels classification (into leaf and background) can be modified or specified interactively for regions of any shape or the whole image, before or after the analysis. Pixels that falls into the leaf group are drawn a different color over the original image as the pixel classification criteria is modified by moving a slider bar.
- The pixels classification image can be edited (like it was possible for the original image before) to manually classify pixels into leaf and background. The analysis is automatically updated when the edition is complete.
- A leaf area (and morphological measurements) distribution histogram has been added above image. It can display the number of leaf in function of area, length and width. The Pro version can also display leaf area in function of color.
- Calibration of images from a camera can be done with a single mouse click when Regent's new calibration targets are included in the image.
- More options are available as to how and when calibration of images from a camera are done (manually or automatically after load). Targets used for calibration can be in the same image as the object to analyse or in separate image(s).
- The area of the analysed image (or region for the Pro version) is saved with the data and displayed on screen.
- Image edition is more precise and a few minor annoyances have been removed (white brush, small brush, image zoom...).
- The analysis settings and utilization have been simplified. In Basic morphology, leaves are always detected automatically, in Leaf morphology you must always click the blade-petiole junction. No need to choose Automatic vs Interactive and to set the lobe base profile.
- New and improved manual.
- Misc. modifications
- The data file format stores more information (like about the image acquisition device) and more data.
- Image selection working mode has been removed.
- Sample identification can be edited during or after the analysis.
- Camera has been merged with Scanner in Image/Origin.
- TWAIN compatibility with recent cameras and scanners has been added (LA2400, 6MP).
- Text size is medium size by default instead of small.
- Scrollbar thumb works with larger images.
- The appearance of some windows (dialogs to enter settings) have been redesigned.
- Analysis/Reanalyse Image renamed Analysis/Restart Analysis.
- Contrasts enhancements commands merged into a sub-menu command.
- The analysed image is always displayed.
- The contrast settings are now in a hierarchical menu.
- Perimeter detection in basic morphology mode.