Pre-Release date: 01 November 2004.
Final Release date: 01 January 2005.
Features of the Pro version
- You can analyse whole images or sub-regions of any shape. Circular and rectangular shapes are predefined or you can outline irregular shape regions to analyse with a lasso tool.
- Analysed regions can be resized at any time (the analysis is automatically updated).
- An analysis done with a sub-region (of any shape) can be recreated after (useful to analyse the same region in more than one image).
- Regions of the image can be excluded from the analysis. You can create practically an unlimited number of such exclusion regions and of any shape. Excluded regions content have no effect on the analysis (It's as if these regions didn't exist in the image).
- Batch analysis can be done on the whole image or a sub-region of it (of any shape).
- The histogram above the image can display area per color classes or groups.
- You can display a single color channel (Red, Green or Blue) of an RGB color image and analyse only that channel. You can also analyse the image in color as before or in true grey levels (calculated from the color components).
- Information about the dominant color class (area, hue, saturation intensity, and class name) is saved with the data.
- Color analysis global area data are available separately for the image or for the total areas inside valid objects of the analysis.
- New functions have been added to remove background light variations for images that come from cameras.
- Flickering when resizing the main window has been removed.
- The custom selected color for image edition can be modified by clicking its rectangle in the command area.
- WinSEEDLE will ask to save color classes before quitting if they have been created or modified but not saved during the working session.
- A warning asking you to confirm your intention is displayed when deleting all paths or all exclusion regions. The display of this warning can be turned off.
Features of the Reg and Pro versions
- Pixels classification (into seedles and background) can be modified or specified interactively for regions of any shape or the whole image, before or after the analysis. The process is very interactive and easy (more than the previous Pixel Classifier). Pixels that falls into the seedle group are drawn a different color over the original image as the pixel classification criteria is modified by moving a slider bar.
- The pixels classification image can be edited (like it was possible for the original image before) to manually classify pixels into seedles and background. The analysis is automatically updated when the edition is complete.
- The seedles frequency distribution histogram above image has been redesigned and improved. The classes boundaries can be set more easily and more than 12 different data types can be displayed and save to data files.
- Calibration of images from a camera can be done with a single mouse click when Regent's new calibration targets are included in the image.
- More options are available as to how and when calibration of images from a camera are done (manually or automatically after load). Targets used for calibration can be in the same image as the object to analyse or in separate image(s).
- You can choose to reject or not seedles truncated by image boundary.
- The analysed image has more color encoded information (the color used to indicate if an object is analysed, a debris, cut by image boundary, rejected manually...).
- Form coefficient measurement has been added.
- Global area data are more specific about rejected objects (area is available for background, valid objects and rejected objects).
- The area of the analysed image (or region for the Pro version) is saved with the data and displayed on screen.
- Image edition is more precise and a few minor annoyances have been removed (white brush, small brush, image zoom...).
- New and improved manual.
- Paths related commands
- The last deleted path can be recreated.
- More paths can be created.
- Interactive menu renamed Path (and the word Path removed from its items).
- Units are displayed close to the mouse position coordinates.
- The data file format stores more information (like about the image acquisition device) and more data.
- Image selection working mode has been removed.
- Sample identification can be edited during or after the analysis.
- Rejected cells area and some additional measurement data is displayed in the command area when these cells are clicked.
- Color group names (Group1, Group2...) are no more saved in the data file title line when no color classes are loaded or defined.
- Camera has been merged with Scanner in Image/Origin.
- TWAIN compatibility with recent cameras and scanners has been added (LA2400, 6MP).
- Text size is medium size by default instead of small.
- Scrollbar thumb works with larger images.
- The appearance of some windows (dialogs to enter settings) have been redesigned.
- Local data renamed Individual data.
- Analysis/Reanalyse Image renamed Analysis/Restart Analysis.
- Color/Display Groups Rather Than Classes has been renamed Color/Display Groups.
- A crash situation removed when editing while pressing the backspace key.
- Sample identification is no more asked during calibration.